Cynthia McPherson graduated from the Catholic University of America in Washington D. C. with her MSW in 2005. Cynthia worked extensively in environmental sustainability and justice prior to coming to social work. After graduating with her MSW, Cynthia worked as a therapist at a shelter for women and children fleeing domestic violence in the DC metro area. Since moving to Oklahoma she has worked independently as a licensed clinical social worker and advocate for quality early childhood care.
- Contemporary psychodynamic theory and practice with multicultural, vulnerable, and at-risk clients
- Disaster relief, psychological first-aid, and sustainable development
- Clinical excellence and outcome measures
- Integrative mental health, neuropsychology, and mindfulness-based interventions
- Workplace discrimination, particularly around gender equality and family responsibility discrimination
- Trauma and crisis intervention