Honoring 100 for the 100th: Stanley Clifton
Stanley Clifton was appointed Professor of Social Work and Director of the School in 1953 and served until his retirement in 1969. Dr. Clifton was instrumental in securing the then new home of the School, Rhyne Hall (1005 Jenkins), in 1965. Director Clifton has a B.A. (1932) in social sciences from Trinity University, a M.A. in sociology (1938) from Duke, and also a M.S.W. (1948) and Ph.D. (1951) from The University of Minnesota. Dr. Clifton’s career reflects and emphasizes the importance of educational administration, including his ten years of public school work, eight teaching sociology and serving as Dean of Men and 2 years as Director of Administration at Texas Christian University. He also worked two years as a clinical social worker in the Southwestern Center for Alcohol Studies (1948-50), and one year as assistant to the clinical director of the Florida Alcoholic Rehabilitation Program (1960-61).
Posted on Wed, February 22, 2017
by Laura Kent filed under